Why does FileMaker Pro display a "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action" dialog box for accounts that use the [Data Entry only] or the [Read-Only Access] privilege set in the File Options dialog box?
Please see my attached screenshot captured using Windows 7 and FileMaker Pro 11.0v3.
To replicate the issue, perform the steps below
(1) in Security, create a FileMaker account that uses the [Data Entry Only] or the [Read-Only Access] privilege set.
(2) click the File menu, click the File Options... command and view the File Options dialog box - the Open/Close tab panel
(3) underneath the "When opening this file" subheading, activate "Log in using:" and select the "Account Name and Password" radio button
(4) type the account name and password, created in (1) above, into the Account and Password fields
(5) click the OK button
(6) a FileMaker Pro dialog box will appear with the message "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action"
This is not a major issue. I am trying to understand the reason for the error message if an account is assigned the [Data Entry only] or the [Read-Only Access] privilege set. An account assigned [Full Access] is permissable. In my screenshot, the account is Lockdown and a privilege set named "Lockdown" is assigned to the account. The "Lockdown" privilege set is severely restricted with access to a single table, one layout, all fields view only. Other tables, layouts, fields are all set to no access. It appears the error message is not invoked based on the inherent "level" of security provided by the account privilege set.
Thanks in advance.