AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hide object when field contains either of two words

Question asked by Jesse_Wright on Aug 25, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 by keywords

Hi all,

I'm trying to hide a graphic in a menu system for a FM Go 13 solution. It's such a tiny detail that is visually appealing but not critical, but I can't seem to let this go because I can't figure it out. Hopefully some of you can help me put this to bed!!

It is a cascading value list - where the user enters a field on the form, script trigger opens a new window and switches the layout to a list of values. If the value has a subset of values to list, I am using a right arrow .png as a graphic to indicate that the value list will expand again to a second list for a selection.

I have used a few different methods in the past. Conditional masking, Conditional formating of a text block ">", or the Text in the field it self has an > at the end " Apple >"

With the new Behavior options in FM13, I was hoping to use it to hide a graphic and give the layout a little more candy

To explain:

Say the list is for Fruit:

Apple

Orange

Grape

Kiwi

Lets say Apple and Grape have a second list of values for FruitColor, so I want to indicate that there is a second selection to be listed.

Using Hide object when on the graphic, I know the following works for one value:

Hide object when: FruitType::Value ≠ "Apple"

I get the list showing the right arrow graphic visiable next to Apple correctly, as it should.

Apple >

Orange

Grape

Kiwi

With "Hide object when" I can get it to hide the graphic on all but the one text value I specify, but on this list I have two items that have a second list of values, but I can't think of how to make the expression evaluate the two items.

So the expression would be hiding everything unless the field contains "Apple" or Grape" so I get a list that looks like:

Apple >

Orange

Grape >

Kiwi

To start I know the following works for one value:

Hide object when: FruitType::Value ≠ "Apple"

I get the list showing the right arrow graphic visiable next to Apple, as it should.

Apple >

Orange

Grape

Kiwi

Here is where I'm festering...I can't think of how to tell it to evalute a second text value. I want the calculation to include both "Apple" and "Grape" so all the graphic are hidden in the list except next to Apple and Grape.

So I thought the expression just needed an "or" operator:

FruitType::Value ≠ "Apple" or FruitType::Value ≠ "Grape"

It just returns the list with no graphics. I would have expected that result with xor, so maybe I don't fully understand how to use the operators, or the calculation for Behavior will not evaluate the expression past the operator.

I made a quick demo to work with. See attached:

Thank you in advanced!!

Best,

Jesse

Attachments

Outcomes