4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2014 9:40 AM by monkeybreadsoftware

Notifications using OS X

vince.menanno

At DevCon I mentioned that providing feedback was a great way to keep the user informed. There was a recent post about the slide panel technique and in replying to that I noticed I could not add an attachment. So thought I would post this file here for everyone.

At first I was also enamoured by the slide panel technique. But then I noticed that for it to work you need to pause your script just enough so that you can read the message. Not that big of a deal but if the user likes to go from one task to another I have noticed that you can get the solution to be in a paused state.

Then Simon gave me an AppleScript example that uses the OS notifications system to provide the feedback - and I appologize that I don't have the windows equivalent but I am hoping some windows expert on this list will provide the windows equivalent of this.

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 7.27.13 AM.png

The reason I like the OS notifications solution is that it can get dispatched and your script doesn't need to have a pause step in it. Minimun version required on the Mac is 10.9.

Windows also has something very similar and you coudl use that. Again hoping that a windows expert will post a similar example.

Enjoy.