4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 6:48 AM by dgurusamy

500 Internal Server Error - FileMaker - PHP

dgurusamy

Im getting this "500 Internal Server Error" when I send a request to Filemaker 12 Server to pull the fm database records.. from IIS..

When i read the 100 to 150 records then its pulling the record from fm db without taking much time.. its working well and good.

same way.. If i try to pull more than 300 records, then browser keep loading 3 to 4mins.. then finally i get "500 Internal Server Error" Message

What really hapeening here, Is this issue from filemaker response time or PHP request time

How do i resolve this.. I can see many people faced this issue.. but i cant find the answer.. Please help on this..

Many Thanks,

Guru

• 1. Re: 500 Internal Server Error - FileMaker - PHP
          lavendt

There is a good chance that you experience a "bug" in FMS13.

Actually, the reason could easily be that you have ascii characters below 30 in a field within one or more of the records you try to fetch.

This is a change, that was made to the xml component of WPE.

It does not allow ascii characters below 30, but you can easily end up with those (which is invisibly) when you copy/paste from another app.

At this time, the only work around is to clear the fields, which is in the returned result of your call, for these characters and then create a CF to clean out on entering data into the fields.

You can create a call via the xml interface, with the same parameters as in your php call. The result will show you where the xml engine finds an illigal character. This way you can clean your database, one place at a time.

There is a good chance that you only have illigal characters in a few fields and records.

This issue has been reported to FMI and I guess that FMI is working on a fix for this....

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 500 Internal Server Error - FileMaker - PHP
            Mike Duncan

It does sound like the php script is timing out. You might be able to adjust the default timeout, but more likely you will also want to take a look at the layouts and data returned. Are there unnecessary fields on the layouts used to return information? Or is the data returned arbitrarilly large?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: 500 Internal Server Error - FileMaker - PHP
              dgurusamy

Thanks for the response Claus

I have a concern about FMS13.. Is really resolve my issue ? do you any good/bad experiance with fms13

Since we have loadbalancing issue with FMS12.. Is this really resolved FMS13 ? Please share your valuable points

What is loadbalalnceing issue im facing in FMS12 ?

1. When sigle user send requst (from php) to read the 700 records, Its take 2 seconds only to excecute php script

2. When 2 users, at a one time fropm different computer, sending request (from php) to read 700 records, then its takes 45 seconds to execute php script

expecting your valuable answer related to my issue

• 4. Re: 500 Internal Server Error - FileMaker - PHP
                dgurusamy

Good and Right piont Mike !!

I already modified those things in php.ini file.. after we modified then we are getting loadbalacing issue. like below

What is loadbalalnceing issue im facing in FMS12 ?

1. When sigle user send requst (from php) to read the 700 records, Its take 2 seconds only to excecute php script

2. When 2 users, at a one time from different computer, sending request (from php) to read 700 records, then its takes 45 seconds to execute php script

Modified values on the file php.ini

php_value post_max_size 5M

php_value memory_limit 300M

php_value max_execution_time 259200

php_value max_input_time 259200

we checked logs also.. but related to loadbalancing there is no logs..  Please share your experience and suggestion.