5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 5:38 PM by LyndsayHowarth

FMGo runtime for the iWatch?

lkeyes

Any news about the possibility of FMGo for the iWatch?

I could envision a FM "connector" that maybe allowed the iWatch to connect to a running iPad/iPhone app.

--- L

• 1. Re: FMGo runtime for the iWatch?
          mikebeargie

We should probably wait for Apple to actually announce an iWatch first before speculating.

• 2. Re: FMGo runtime for the iWatch?
            DavidZakary

+100 for Mike. Beat me to it.

What kind of UI could a watch have for input (maybe voice)?

• 3. Re: FMGo runtime for the iWatch?
              lkeyes

We should probably wait for Apple to actually announce an iWatch first before speculating.

Where's the fun in that?  

+100 for Mike. Beat me to it.

Voice, for sure... I'm particularly interested in the HealthKit piece, with the ability to read and transmit vital-signs to an app or the cloud, similar to Fit-Bit. 

Much of the iWatch speculation has centered around an enhanced version of the Nike Fuelband which was seen on Tim Cook's wrist at the last announcement. With the HealthKit  API, it would seem to me that this would a great potential set of applications, and it sounds like Apple is already very interested in this area.

As for speculation...well, one of the classic questions a product developer (or an application programmer) asks is, "well, if we gave you XYZ" what would you do with it?   I think this  is an area that may have a lot of potential in the healthcare field.  And there are substantial FileMaker applications deployed already in healthcare.

So, I'm hoping that FileMaker will be there.

• 4. Re: FMGo runtime for the iWatch?
                Malcolm

Voice, touch screen, buttons, bluetooth keyboard/mouse and lots of

sensors that collect environmental data.

Here's an example of an application that uses nerve signals as the

primary input, http://www.controlbionics.com. I'm sure they're looking

really closely at iWatch because it is so small, portable and really

cool. If I was getting around in a wheelchair I'd rather wear the James

Bond watch than lug around the Stephen Hawking laptop combo.

malcolm

• 5. Re: FMGo runtime for the iWatch?
                  LyndsayHowarth

Yes... I've been waiting about 32 years for this kind of technology to come of age.

I taught the son of the, then, curator of the Sydney Powerhouse Museum who designed all sorts of mechanical gadgets which enabled our communication devices... so his son who has severe Cerebral Palsy could communicate.

Watching the IT world crawl towards further advancements in this area has been excruciatingly painfully slow! I hope the iWatch... and FileMaker... make it all doable.

Sent from my iPad

Lyndsay Howarth

11th Hour Group Pty Ltd