4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 2:55 PM by Linda@compu-books.com

Popover consistently crashes FM 13

Linda@compu-books.com

We have added a popover in one of our portal windows that was to track job progress. It originally worked fine with no issues. But then the database was opened inadvertently with FM 12 and the popover was clicked on. It did not work, which I would expect, but now when the database is opened in FM 13 and I attempt to edit the layout, FM crashes. This is consistent behavior.If I select the portal and try to do anything, it crashes. If I try to select the popover object by itself, it crashes. We were finally able to remove the issue by deleting the entire layout in the layout manager.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and how did you resolve it without deleting the layout?

Second, because the database has crashed several times, is there any maintenance or rebuilding that we should be doing?

-----

Linda Carter

compu-books.com

• 1. Re: Popover consistently crashes FM 13
          ariley

I think your layout got corrupted. The best way to handle that is to create a new layout. It happens on occasion.

Sometimes if you copy the elements to a new layout, that solves the problem. Sometimes it doesn’t.

I would do a consistency check on the database or you can do a recover and if it does’t find anything wrong with your data you can use it. Just because you had a corrupt layout it does not affect your data.

Don’t use the recovered file if it made corrections. Actually, best to run it without giving it the option to make changes. Just let it find issues and make an educated decision as to how to handle it.

Hope this helps,

Agi

Best regards,

agnes b. riley

filemaker and web development

zeroblue

download vCard

TWO-TIME MAD DOG AWARD WINNER

FileMaker Certified in 10 and 11 • Member, FileMaker Business Alliance

T: 877 917-9079 . C: 917-660-7221

Store | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

• 2. Re: Popover consistently crashes FM 13
            Linda@compu-books.com

Thanks for your reply Agi.  I couldn't touch anything on the layout without it crashing, so had to rebuild the layout from scratch.  Just really odd and unexpected to corrupt the layout by touching a FMv13 element in a lower version.  I hope they can fix this issue.

Linda

• 3. Re: Popover consistently crashes FM 13
              erolst

Just really odd and unexpected to corrupt the layout by touching a FMv13 element in a lower version.  I hope they can fix this issue.

Linda –

until “they” do, remember that the File options in FM 13 allow you to set a minimum version for a file to be opened with.

Cheers,

Oliver

• 4. Re: Popover consistently crashes FM 13
                Linda@compu-books.com

Yes Oliver, that will be really important to use if the Popovers are employed.