AnsweredAssumed Answered

Have made a Custom Theme. Can I apply it to other layouts in the same file?

Question asked by disabled_JohnWolff on Sep 4, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 by keywords

Hi Folks,

After watching Andrew Paulsen and Adam Ward's 2014 DevCon sessions, I'm trying to apply their wisdom to our solution which was reskinned some 18 months ago using the Warm Blue theme with lots of local styling applied to accomplish the chunking of fields and the look we wanted.

Last week I went into one of those layouts, our main Customer layout, and converted all of the local styiing into named styles and saved them as a Custom theme.

Now I want to apply that Custom Theme to the other layouts which also have the same original Warm Blue theme and similar local styling for fields, labels and buttons etc.

What I see, however, is that when I change the theme of my next layout to the Custom Theme I saved earlier, none of the objects seem to inherit the named styles, even though their properties seem identical to those named in the Customer layout.

In order to elminate the local styling it seems that each object has to be individually and manually reassigned to the named object style of the Custom Theme. This will be a unrewarding task but one that I could contemplate if it really was the only way.

An alternative would be to rebuild each layout from scratch using my Custom Theme but as most are are heavily populated with fields etc. I'm not at all keen on that task.

Is there a better way? Have I missed a key step?

Thanks in advance,

John

Outcomes