4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 5:47 PM by Steven_FL

Conditional Formatting

Steven_FL

Hi,

Can I have in a centralized layout conditional formating and then refer to that formating?

If yes how?

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting
          Mike_Mitchell

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate with more detail on exactly what you're trying to accomplish?

• 2. Re: Conditional Formatting
            Steven_FL

Dear Mike,

First of all thanks for all your replys - really cool.

I have x number of fields over several layouts with several tables. I have the same field in different layouts with different tables and related together. I want to change one and all are then behaving the same way.

• 3. Re: Conditional Formatting
              Mike_Mitchell

Well, depending on exactly how you're defining the conditions, you can make your calculation context-sensitive using several helpful functions:

1) Self (this is often your best friend in Conditional Formatting)

2) GetFieldName

3) Get ( LayoutTableName )

4) Evaluate ( )

These functions will allow you to abstract your calculations so you can easily copy them from layout to layout without them breaking.

Is that sort of what you're asking?

• 4. Re: Conditional Formatting
                Steven_FL

You make me smile

When I programmed I was looking for get(conditional formating;fieldname) to have the colors, of text etc and formulas. But as I write now that can not work as how would FM know which field and in which layout.

But that was what I wanted, to take all of the conditional formating, form the formula to the colors text etc etc.