3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 9:58 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Bizarre error message

anothersmurf

I received an email with the following error message:

FileMaker Server 13.0v2 on Server reported the following event:

2014-09-05 13:23:33.755 -0500 Error 941 Server The FileMaker WebDirect and Go concurrent connection limit (now 1) has been exceeded 5 times in the last 31 days. You may need to purchase a license with additional connections from FileMaker Inc. or the supplier of your software.

That's pretty weird since I don't even have WebDirect turned on (the checkbox to automatically start it is unchecked, and the WebDirect column is empty for all my DBs in Activity/Databases) and none of my clients connect to DBs that way.

When I check my logs filtering for WebDirect, I find two cases that say "WebDirect and Go clients" were denied access because of the concurrent connection limit. Around those times, logs show a single client logging in with an iPad (the machine is helpfully named Person's iPad). But 1 person doesn't exceed a limit of 1. So I don't know what's going on.

Is FMP limiting access from Go now? Is FMP effectively *charging* for access from Go now?

Is there some way in the log to tell whether someone logged in from Go as opposed to the normal desktop FMP software? (Besides hoping that eveyone's iOS device is named iPad or iPhone)

Is there a way to tell who is being denied access due to hitting this limit?

Is there something else I should search for in my log to find out why the error message says this happened 5 times and I only found it mentioned in my log twice?