4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2014 7:37 PM by disabled_howardcallender

Adding a Form to an Invoice

Hi,

I am new to filemaker and I trying to understand how to add a credit card authorization form to a Filemaker Starter Solution Invoicing Database.

Script.png

Invoice.png

I tried the following with no success.

First I tried added a table occurence add created a layout without out fields and have text with information such as name, credit card number, etc.

I got an error that there is no records.

Then I tried make the Title footer larger where it is two pages long and that did not work because the paper size.

My question, is there a way where you can add the credit card form to the created invoice which will be emailed. Append PDF maybe.

I don't understanding Variable. Does it have to dump the file first and than append the pdf with credit card form.

Please help me to understand how it works or help me understand how to achive this goal.

Thank you all for all your help!

• 1. Re: Adding a Form to an Invoice
          PeterWindle

what about stretching out the trainling grand summary to make it larger?

• 2. Re: Adding a Form to an Invoice

Hi,

Thanks, but that did work either.

• 3. Re: Adding a Form to an Invoice
              erolst

Well, if having the CC Authorization form (“the form”) as a separate page in your invoice is an option for you, then just use the Append function.

First, create a layout for the form. Since it's just supposed to hold boilerplate text and doesn't need any data, you can simply create a new layout and base it on the same table occurrence as your invoice print layout.

Don't put any fields on it, simply create a form with text placeholders and whatever graphic elements you need (boxes, lines etc.); I guess you did that already in your first attempt.

In your script, after saving your invoice as PDF, go to the new form layout. Use Save Records as PDF again and with the same path, but check the Append to existing PDF option (and make sure to only save the current record; otherwise you'll get one form page per invoice line item …).

Now, your form has been appended to the PDF you created moments before, and the Send Mail step uses the same variable to create its attachment, which is the PDF in its freshly appended “form” (no pun intended).

So, after creating the new layout, you just need to add

Go to Layout [ "CC Authorization form" ( Invoice Data ) ]

Save Records as PDF ( $PATH ; Append; No dialog ; Current Record ]

to your script.

• 4. Re: Adding a Form to an Invoice

Thank you so much so all the detail information and it worked as a charm.

I tried a couple of times and noticed that I did not open the pdf file in the mail program therefore I did not see the second page. I though first that the script did not work but noticed that I was not paying attention.

Thanks again for all your help!!! Cheers