AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripting for portals

Question asked by nsmith9110@gmail.com on Sep 13, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2014 by keywords

I am working on a program for a mortgage company and need a way to manage the many documetns they handle.

The way it is set up is a portal will show on a main page for someone to view.

I have all the individual documents separated into groups by category.

You then choose the document group you want to add from a drop down list and it fills the portal with the documents. However; there is no demarcation between groups so it just looks like a massive, overwhelming list.

Now my question is this, is there any way to write a script that would allow me to have a tab viewer and, when I use the script to add the document groups, create a new tab and populate a portal on that tab with those documents? That way it would work more like a folder of documents as opposed to a list.

I've thought about creating the tab viewer with multiple tabs and portals already programmed into it but making them invisible, then as they add more and more groups I would have my script make those tabs visible and specify the documents to populate that portal but it seems very clunky.

Does anyone have a better idea for the script or a better way to categorize these things? Or have advice as to wether or not I should even add this function?

Outcomes