2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 2:56 PM by nsmith9110@gmail.com

Relationally filtered portals

nsmith9110@gmail.com

I'm having an issue and I'll do my best to explain it clearly but in case I fail miserably just ask for a little clarification.

I have a program set up that is based around a central layout called the dashboard. The dashboard holds all information vital to a loan and is set up to auto-generate an ID on creation of records.

I also have a layout for documents and for document groups. Documents are related to document groups and document groups are related to the loan currently being used on the dashboard.

I also have a processing layout that needs to contain every document needed for a loan on one page, separated into different portals based off of their document group. About 30 portals on one page in total.

My goal is to have the correct documents for the correct loan automatically populate into the correct portals on the processing form.

Is there a way to make this happen? Preferably without scripting but if it needs to be scripted it needs to be scripted.

• 1. Re: Relationally filtered portals
          Stephen Huston

We need a bit more detail about the relationship(s) being used behind the portals.

• Are all of the documents in one related table? If so, you could filter the various portals by document type.
          • Are groups of documents in different tables? If so, you will need a portal for each related table. If you want or need to, you could also filter copies of that realtionship/portal to show a narrower range of documents from each table.
          • Some details of your relationships/diagram might help explain what you are attempting.

30 portals on a single screen seems overly-tight. If you are only intending to have one record in some portals, you can simply place the related field(s) without a portal, which will show the first related record via that relationship.

You mention scripting, but portals do not require scripting to display related records, unless you need to create the related records via a process, but that's really separate from the layout itself.

• 2. Re: Relationally filtered portals
            nsmith9110@gmail.com

Thank you Stephen, I hadn't thought about filtering them individually based off document type. That cleared everything up