2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2014 10:48 PM by monkeybreadsoftware

Mail container as attachment from FM Server

andrewblackwell

I have been trying to get my head around the following conundrum:

- I am creating a solution where the client can upload a file onto a container field, to be used as an attachment in a mass mailing to the client's contacts

- The mailing itself should be run on the server (through a Perform Script on Server step) using the send mail script step in a loop

What I can't figure out is how to get the uploaded container file to get attached to the mail.

What is obviously a no-no is doing an export of the container file, as this script step is not supported on FM Server.

But I thought it might be possible by using Remote Containers and then referencing the FilePath to the Container File. I've tried this, but only got it to work if I executed the script locally on the server machine. However, if I let the server execute the script by calling it remotely through a Perform Script on Server step, it doesn't work any more.

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem, preferably without plugins?

Is there something I need to be aware of when writing the file path when it is sent from the server?

The file path I'm using currently is the full path: filemac:/Server HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/KFTW/RC_Data_FMS/KFTW_Documents/KFTW_Documents/Attachments/IMG_3695.jpg

Is this wrong? Should it be relative to the server files? If so, can someone give me a pointer what the path should be before the RC_Data... bit?

Thanks

Andrew