There is not a button that is an arrow. The buttons are rectangles, but you can do many things to get a button to be an arrow:
1. Import an arrow graphic. turn it into a button. You can even change the hover and pressed state as a button would behavior by filling the picture with a different design for each state in teh inspector.
2. Place a standard button. Give it a line of 0 points and fill it with your arrow graphic.
Okay. that's two that I know of off hand. If you need further details let us know.
I usually use a third method. Actually all lead to the same result.
I find that this method gives more flexibility.
- Import any image [arrow and any other image] (even png images, and even transparancy, are now supported in Filemaker 13).
- Put a button BEHIND the image, reisize it to fit your image, and give it the following characterisitics: Line - None // Fill - None
- You can then play around with the hover and the press appearences.
Another way is using text as button.
Very easy but not so beautiful...
All good ideas.
There are also quite a few fonts that support a variety of styles of arrows, and they can be resized as text.
or text as crude as
>>> | <<<
can be used on fully-transparent button objects with text styling and different colors for different states.
It's all a matter of how much work you want to do with text or graphics to get a specific result.