4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2014 12:39 PM by Stephen Huston

Buttons

gowa

Is there an arrow button that I can use in FM13? All I see are rectangles.

• 1. Re: Buttons
          jbrown

There is not a button that is an arrow. The buttons are rectangles, but you can do many things to get a button to be an arrow:

1. Import an arrow graphic. turn it into a button. You can even change the hover and pressed state as a button would behavior by filling the picture with a different design for each state in teh inspector.

2. Place a standard button. Give it a line of 0 points and fill it with your arrow graphic.

Okay. that's two that I know of off hand. If you need further details let us know.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Buttons
            Nehme

I usually use a third method. Actually all lead to the same result.

I find that this method gives more flexibility.

- Import any image [arrow and any other image] (even png images, and even transparancy, are now supported in Filemaker 13).

- Put a button BEHIND the image, reisize it to fit your image, and give it the following characterisitics: Line - None // Fill - None

- You can then play around with the hover and the press appearences.

• 3. Re: Buttons
              user19752

Another way is using text as button.

←↑→↓↔↖↗↘↙

Very easy but not so beautiful...

• 4. Re: Buttons
                Stephen Huston

All good ideas.

There are also quite a few fonts that support a variety of styles of arrows, and they can be resized as text.

or text as crude as

>>>  |  <<<

can be used on fully-transparent button objects with text styling and different colors for different states.

It's all a matter of how much work you want to do with text or graphics to get a specific result.