2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2014 4:42 AM by miler24

Send Mail | Container | FM Server | FMGO

mcirwin

Hi,

First I apologise that I choose "Server and Server Advance" because I could not find more appropriate area that I think is suitable for my question.

I have a solution to email the catalog of a product to a client. One table that store the client, name, email address etc. One table stores the product, name, description, colour and one container field which store the picture of that product (JPG).

When this solution was started on my local MacBook, I use the script step SEND MAIL to send a plain text email to the client with the picture (JPG) and is working fine.

So I upload to the FM Server 13 so that my client can access to evalute and give feedback. I am unable to produce the same result. The email is always sent without the picture. I am also unable to send the email with picture from the iPad. While searching for answers, I try and error to specify the path to my local hard drive file:/macintosh hd/user/document/photo.jpg and it works. But this is not my desired intention, as I want the user to pull it from the server. I tried that server path filemac:/Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/RC_Data_FMS/prod_image/photo.jpg (path is edited for simplicitiy) but it does not help. It does not help for iPad users too.

I tried SMTP server with filemac:/Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Databases/RC_Data_FMS/prod_image/photo.jpg does not attach with the photo.

The photo is uploaded by the user who is authorised to do so. Other users simply browse the photo and email to client. Majoirty users access via iPad.