SusanneWaher

FileMaker Server 13 'freezing often'

Discussion created by SusanneWaher on Oct 2, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 by ericjungemann

One of my larger customers contacted me recently about FMS13 freezing. Aside from telling him what to do to get the database backup and running again and reading the logs for clues, I'd like to know why this might be happening and ask the FM community if they are expecting similar behavior with FMS13? The person writing below is an IT professional who manages their hardware and network. They are an office of 60 users with a database of 30,000+ records. They are on Windows platform but I'm afraid I don't know much more than that about their equipment configuration.

"This has happened on 2 prior occasions, usually every couple of months or so. The only way I know of recabling the filemaker server is rebooting the filemaker server host. Do you know of any troubleshooting steps that are filemaker specific? Or how to restart the filemaker services without having to reboot the server? There are no obvious issues with the filemaker server host, plenty of space, resources, and the server is not over utilized. "

Outcomes