4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2014 9:23 PM by BruceHerbach

Moving a theme altered solution to the server issue

HershHiltonHead

I altered and saved as a new named theme one that matches my Client's corporate colors, as they are very brand conscience. When I move the solution to my FM Server at my Hosted server site the header and footers don't show the correct theme and changes. The header and footer were done as slices, as in the River theme, just with different color schemes.

Anyone else with the same issue and how did you resolve it.

TIA

M Hershinger

• 1. Re: Moving a theme altered solution to the server issue
          keywords

The hard thing will be tracking down what the actual problem is. What are the differences between the two machines—i.e. the one you developed on and the Server?  For a start, try running the solution unhosted on the Seerver machine (if that is possible) in order to eliminate FMS as the problem.

• 2. Re: Moving a theme altered solution to the server issue
            BruceHerbach

Not sure if this is the same issue,  but....  I just did the same thing for a client making a duplicate of the Enlightened theme.  I updated several layouts with the new modifed theme.  I was surprised when the header and footer didn't get the intended colors.  The issue turned was the selected Style for the header and footer.  The header and footer got the default styke which was the original colors for Enlighted.  I changed the style to the custom version I had created and everything had the correct color.

I think I can go back and update the default style for the header and footer with the same color.  I'll experiment with it later.

HTH

• 3. Re: Moving a theme altered solution to the server issue
              keywords

Attached is a file in which I have simply changed the styles of the header and footer on one layout and saved these changes as new styles and saved the new styles as a new theme. Steps used are outlined on the layout.

You might like to (1) open the file on your developer machine, and (2) upload the file to your Server and see if you get the same issue. If not, what might that tell you? If so, what might THAT tell you?

• 4. Re: Moving a theme altered solution to the server issue
                BruceHerbach

Thanks for posting the file.  I played with it a bit both local and hosted.  I changed the header back to the default style.  Then changed the fill color,  saved the changes to the item style and then saved the changes to the theme.

This updated the default for a header to show the new fill color for the theme.  So creating a new layout with the theme will pull the selected fill color for the default.

Which I think is exactly what you would expect/want.