2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 9:30 PM by shevyshevy

working with Priviledge set and Full access account

shevyshevy

I have been going through filemaker help file for Account script steps in the bid to achieve my objective. But I do get confused at some point.

For Example

Adds a new account with read-only privileges using the name and password in the custom dialog.

Show Custom Dialog ["Do you want to add a new account?"; Accounts::Name; Accounts::Password]

If [Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1]

Add Account [Account Name: Accounts::Name; Password: Accounts::Password; Privilege Set: "[Read-Only Access]"]

End If

Basically, here is my objective

I have Five priviledge sets: Full Access, Teachers, Students, Accountant and SchoolAdmin.

I want to achieve the following:

(1) Schooladmin can create,delete, enable and disable accounts for other priviledge sets except that of Full Access.

(2) How to create account for example Teachers Priviledge set, with the option of having to type the account name and password manually.

Note: Tool bar is hidden, available menu command is set to minimum. Therefore, SchoolAdmin would be using a button placed on Staff Layout to achieve all these.

(3) Finally, I have a developer account, full access, (which is used for fixing issues, or adding more features like tables, layouts,fields..) but I will be granting some users Full access also. I don't want them to be able to delete the developer account or disable it.

Please, how am I gonna go about these?