4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 12:31 PM by steveromig

Paid yearly support.

bigtom

I have had a number of occasions where FMS had crashed for the same reason. I tried to open a supoprt ticket with FMI and I was told that I needed to post my situaiton on the public support board. It took a few months to get the crashes to stop and so far as I can tell FMI is still not sure what the problem was other than somehting to do with thumbnail generation on the layout.

What advantages are there to the paid yearly tech support contract? Is the support better or faster?

• 1. Re: Paid yearly support.
          Mike_Mitchell

On the few occasions where I've needed to use it, it's excellent.

• 2. Re: Paid yearly support.
            steveromig

bigtom wrote:

I have had a number of occasions where FMS had crashed for the same reason. I tried to open a supoprt ticket with FMI and I was told that I needed to post my situaiton on the public support board. It took a few months to get the crashes to stop and so far as I can tell FMI is still not sure what the problem was other than somehting to do with thumbnail generation on the layout.

I will pass this feedback onto support as there seems to be somewhat of a disconnect here.

FYI...support would recommend that you post your issue to the pubic message boards for two main reasons.

1. To see if others are having the same issue and might be able to chime in and/or help
            2. If you did not want to pay for priority support.

You could go the annual contract route or you could just pay for this single instance of support / troubleshooting you require for the FileMaker Server issue you are having.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Paid yearly support.
              bigtom

Steve,

I had a very lackluster experience with a one time support call. Maybe I just got the wrong guy on the wrong day.

It was my understanding that with the anual contract we get the same support person all the time so they would be more familiar with any recurring issues. Is this correct?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Paid yearly support.
                steveromig

It was my understanding that with the anual contract we get the same support person all the time so they would be more familiar with any recurring issues. Is this correct?

No...it wouldn't be a dedicated (same) resource. 

However, all the agents use the same call tracking system and add notes about cases and calls and the group is small enough that they consult with each other often.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.