7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 5:16 AM by SteveMartino

Webinars... time is questionable

LyndsayHowarth

I'm not sure if this is the right spot in the forum so in lieu of finding a better one...

I can go to a webinar online... that's fantastic.

My problem is that nobody thinks about the awful times they are put on.

My timezone is currently GMT+11.

That means that for the latest offering I can watch at either 2am or 5am...

Surely recordings can be made availabe at a more reasonable time...

No doubt 8am and 11am PDT sounds quite reasonable to the rest of you... but please consider more fully we who are already in your future....

- Lyndsay

• 1. Re: Webinars... time is questionable
          Malcolm

Here, here!

I'm in the same time zone as you Lyndsay.

When we aren't able to interact it would be great to have access to the webinar recording in a reasonable time frame.

malcolm

• 2. Re: Webinars... time is questionable
            sensha

While I symp with your location problems, it's log for a USA based company to schedule events like this to better suit the schedule of their primary market. Had to find fault with that.

I have similar problems with purchase of musi rights (I operate a musical group here on the Gulf Coast) and am frustrated when I cann purchase the rights for a tune debuted in Great Britain. Frustrating to the extreme, but I ju have to wait for the US version to hit the rights market.

• 3. Re: Webinars... time is questionable
              sensha

For "symp", read "sympathize" and for "musi", read "music ".  That's wha happens when you write a reply on an iPhone while sitting in a hot tub at 11:00 PM…

• 4. Re: Webinars... time is questionable
                azez

hahah..

Im also... My Country is GMT +8,

I need to gather all the staff under my unit at 11.00pm.. (sometimes gather is better and enjoy)

of course I have to withdraw money to buy food and drink..

• 5. Re: Webinars... time is questionable
                  LyndsayHowarth

I'm not real sure what you meant by "log"...

FMI's Primary Market is the membership of TechNet. I'd love to know the breakdown by country because I expect there to be a broader distribution than most people assume....

As Malcolm pointed out, we can't interact most of the time anyway, so a recording would be fine.  Play it 12 hours after the originals and you are bound to satisfy 100% of members....

-Lyndsay

• 6. Re: Webinars... time is questionable
                    Mike_Mitchell

Come, come, Lyndsay ... 5:00 AM is perfectly reasonable for a dedicted developer such as yourself. Early birds and worms and such.   

It may be surprising, though, to hear that some of us here in the States have some difficulty with the scheduled times as well. Being behind a firewall obstructs viewing the webinars in real time, so that represents an obstacle as well. +1 on the recording idea.

Mike

• 7. Re: Webinars... time is questionable
                      SteveMartino

My 2cents (not a developer), but I also vote for recording. I'm on the east coast, and I never really get time for FM learning/developing/playing except for early in the morning, or late at night.  I would like to be able to watch/learn when I have free time, or even download for long trips/flights.