1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2014 8:33 PM by taylorsharpe

Creating serial letters...

arminius

Hello there,

i need to do a small wokflow and make a serial letter from filemaker.

I have 2 tables:

Table 1 contains the personal details of our employes.

Table 2 contains all information from our customers.

Now i need a layout where the employes can log in and define other employes based on regional definations.

f.e.

Region 1 contains all postcodes from 1xxxx to 1999

Region 2 contains all postcodes from 2xxxx to 2999

I define Member_1 to Region 1 an Member 2 to Region 2, now the system must create a letter with cusomer information and the personal information from the Members.

Next month i have new definations.... Now i have in postcode 1500 to 1600 a new Member_3

The system must only produce the serail letter where we have changes on it... mean all customers in postcode 1500 to 1600 and add there the details from Member 1 and 2

The tables will be updated weekly.... and the letters must also created weekly. The goal is it to reduce postcosts and create only letters where we have more persons defined themn the letter befor. In case that a member named on a erlier letter left the company we dont need to create a new letter. only when a new member join.

it is also neccesary that all letters created was accessable and that we can see the history.

How can i handle this?

Many thanks for for help and ideas.

I have here Filemaker 11 and 12 and work on a mac.

regards
      Armin

• 1. Re: Creating serial letters...
          taylorsharpe

I had a hard time understanding what you are trying to accomplish.  But you can have an employee perform a find and have a button with the replace command to reassign fields to new values.  You can also have a Timestamp field that it updated whenever a record is modified and can use the Modified date to search for anything modified in the last week.  Maybe you can give some examples with pictures or descriptions of relationships.  For example, I can't tell if there is even a relationship or not between employees and customers.  Or if employees has anything to do with this process other than the employee loggin in. 

FYI, FM 11 and 12 don't play well with each other since they have different file formats.  FileMaker made a major change from 11 to 12.