I'm wondering if anyone experienced the same problem we just noticed today :
- logging into a file (using FMP Advanced 12.0V5 on OS X 10.9.5), hosted on FMS Advanced (12V04), authenticated using external authentication(Mac OS X 10.9.5 Server).
- by mistake, put a space character in front of username.
- LDAP server authenticated user successfully !!!
- Get(Accountname ) shows space in front of the name.!?
- user can not see any related records where relationship is based on Account name.
System Fields (created_by, modified_by) are showing incorrect name - with leading and trailing spaces.
User is confused by not being able to see his stats, DB is being populated with incorrect data.
Question #1 : Is it by design, or something is wrong with LDAP authentication, when it allows authentication to user name with leading
and trailing spaces?
Question # 2: If LDAP ignores spaces before and after username, why is FileMaker accepting username as it's typed in, instead of taking correct name from LDAP?
Appreciate your answers.