Extensitech

Printing doubling lines on page break

Discussion created by Extensitech on Oct 21, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 by Extensitech

Having an issue where a layout (an admittedly terribly complex one) is sometimes duplicating a line at the end of the page at the beginning of the next page.

I believe the attached demo file confirms it's a bug, but I'm having trouble finding where to submit this.

The attached file is where I brought in the layout from the solution where the problem is an issue, and then removed as many complications as I could find while still keeping the demonstrated issue. On the data layout, note the highlighted line from record 5. On the print layout, in preview, note that the highlighted line shows at both the bottom of page 1 and the top of page 2. This is in Windows7 and 8.1, using FMPA 13.0.v3. The same file does not have this issue in FM12. Not sure if it happens on Mac. The clients are windows and FMP13, though.

In the actual solution, this layout is a report generator, based on a virtual list, with some very complex options, tab stops, page breaking and so forth. Many of the complications were actually a side-effect of trying to get around this bug.

I believe I've exhausted the possible ways of working around this bug, given the complex constraints in the actual solution. I just need to know how to submit this as a bug report so it can be fixed.

Chris Cain

Extensitech

ccain@extensitech.com

Attachments

Outcomes