3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2014 10:04 AM by mikebeargie

Inaccurate Time Stamps

ResoluteSystems

This is a bug report for attention by FMI. I'm reporting it here as the web link for reporting product issues seems to have disappeared.

When:

- hosting a database on FM Server 10.0.3 running on OS X 10.9.5;

- using FM Pro 13.0.3 on OSX 10.10 as a client of the hosted files;

- with both systems in the same time zone during summer time;

- with both systems looking up the time from time.euro.apple.com;

Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp) and Get(CurrentTimeStamp) don't deliver the same result. Host time is 90 seconds ahead of local system time.

Colin

• 1. Re: Inaccurate Time Stamps
          mikebeargie

Just because the settings are "the same" on the client and the server does NOT mean they will report the same time. I'm not sure it's a bug in filemaker as much as it is a difference in the system time of both machines.

Also, I'm sure you meant Server 13.0.3 and not 10.0.3

Can you open up a terminal window and just run the "date" command at generally the same time to see if there is a difference in the time reported? I just did on mine and they render as expected.

• 2. Re: Inaccurate Time Stamps
            ResoluteSystems

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

"Can you open up a terminal window and just run the "date" command at generally the same time to see if there is a difference in the time reported? I just did on mine and they render as expected."

Both systems are showing the same time in Date & Time Prefs and in the Finder menu bar. The FM database in question has been checking for host/client time synch accurately for several years and suddenly started reporting a discrepancy after updating the client system to Yosemite.

To check this, please download an example file from http://tinyurl.com/o5zlysp. Then host this on FM Server and open it on FM Pro as described in the original post. If you get the same result as me, the FM Server time will be about 90 seconds ahead of the FM Pro client time. I'd be interested to hear what your results are if you have a moment to post again.

"I'm sure you meant Server 13.0.3 and not 10.0.3"

That's right. Looks as if brain and fingers are out of synch too.

Regards,

Colin

• 3. Re: Inaccurate Time Stamps
              mikebeargie

I am avoiding the Yosemite update for my usual “blessed are the early adopters, for they shall receive all the bugs” mantra.

If I do update I’ll test it out, but that certainly does seem like some sort of error to me since you can point to the update breaking it.