hrcap

Filemaker Server 13 Connection Problems

Discussion created by hrcap on Oct 30, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2014 by hrcap

Evening All

I can't seem to get my filemaker server 13 working correctly.

I have a database solution that i host on server 13 for my clients to access via webdirect. It currently works, but about 30% of the time clients have trouble connecting to the database, and then once logged into the database at random intervals the database will flag up an error saying 'connection to the server lost'.

My setup is:

- The server is a dedicated mac mini with Filemaker Server 13 loaded onto it, this computer is used solely to host the database and nothing else.

- The mac mini is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable that is connected to the internet via a bt home hub.

- I have a program called no-ip loaded onto the mac-mini which keeps the ip address static.

- I have forwarded all necessary ports on the bt home hub as recommended on the filemaker website.

When connecting to the database via filemaker pro 13 or filemaker go the connection is more stable and proves to be less problematic.

My internet connection is constant, i.e. if i am having problems connecting to my database via webdirect i will try to load a different webpage on google at the same time which works fine, i carry out this check to ensure that the internet connection is functioning correctly (which it is).

To check that the issues arent caused by the complexity of my database i have loaded onto the server a database consisting of 1 table and 4 fields, the same problems occur with this database.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as i cannot fully role out my database to all of my clients until the connection issues are resolved.

Many thanks in advance.

Hadleigh

Outcomes