3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2014 3:19 PM by brynley

FM13 won't start Win7 Pro / Soluto?

brynley

Hi all - this is a stretch...

Windows 7 Pro PC have had FM12 installed on it in past - installed FM13 4 months or so ago - and it seems to launch but nothing happens and then 20 seconds later Soluto (a 3rd party startup manager) says "FM 13 Advanced has crashed. No solution".

I have looked and done the obvious (uninstalled FM {including old versions} / reinstalled from scratch) - and the same thing.

This has not been an "issue" as I normally run FM13 on my laptop and I have a 2nd PC that I also use (also Win 7 [and Soluto]) - but as you can guess the day I left my laptop at work was the day that PC decided to do weird video stuff and my fall back PC decided to "not launch".

So I never worried about it until last week and I started again de-install/re-install etc etc - removing misc programs that one accumulates and so on. But nothing will kick it into life. My only other option is to reinstall Win7 etc but before I do that I thought I'd ask the community...

I mentioned Soluto - and yes I have removed it and that did not appear to solve the issue - latest version of Java etc. All other programs

Is there a "crash log" just for FM? Having tried many things now and spending lots of hours I think the only option is to reinstall the OS which is a last resort...

Any clues where one would start looking?

Appreciate the above is a bit sketchy...and yes "buy a Mac" is on my Xmas list...

Regards

Brynley

• 1. Re: FM13 won't start Win7 Pro / Soluto?
          coherentkris

Check to see if you have any installed plug ins that are not fm 13 compatible.

• 2. Re: FM13 won't start Win7 Pro / Soluto?
            brynley

Thanks for that - yep - that was one of the things I tried 

The plugins there on subsequent tries are just standard FM supplied ones...

Only option is to reinstall Win7 etc - which is fine but a pain. It'll keep me off the streets...

• 3. Re: FM13 won't start Win7 Pro / Soluto?
              brynley

Well - damn - left my laptop at work... and decided to reinstall Win7 and get FM working again...

And still it is not launching...

I got this (see below) from the Windows Event Log - anyone care to push me in the right direction as to next steps please? (yes - was thinking of just driving to work! lol)

Any help appreciated! 

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2014-11-22T21:57:24.000000000Z

EventRecordID 152743

Channel Application

Computer User-PC

Security

- EventData

FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe

5465b084

ntdll.dll

521ea8e7

c0000374

000ce753

01d0069f4a525b1e

C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced\FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

8a13d3b4-7292-11e4-b8fa-001fc6375a36