4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 2:32 PM by DamonCasey

Page numbering doesn't work in Preview Mode/PDF

DamonCasey

I have a multi-page report in a FM13 system where the page numbering is static, showing Page 1 of n across all pages.

The text in the footer is:

Page {{PageNumber}} of <<$$TotalPages>>

A five page report displays the following on each page:

Page 1 of 5.

I've made sure the text object is completely contained within the footer, not overlapping the body part above.

I've searched the forums and found no mention of this. Has anyone seen this behaviour?

• 1. Re: Page numbering doesn't work in Preview Mode/PDF
          mikebeargie

Personally have never seen this behavior.

My first thought would be to separate the merge fields out into separate text spaces to see if something about them being in the same string is causing issue. I would also make sure your page margins are not forcing the footer out of alignment (EG body section too large).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Page numbering doesn't work in Preview Mode/PDF
            DamonCasey

Thanks Mike,

I've put {{PageNumber}} into it's own text object and it still shows as '1' on all pages.

The body part is 16pt tall with a subsummary part of 35pt below it and a trailing grand summary of 30pt below that. There is a subsummary above of 20pt.

The page margins are set to 40pt on each edge. The layout is set to fit an A4 page in portrait orientation.

The report is a virtual list and has 136 records over 5 pages.

I've tried putting the {{PageNumber}} text object in the header and that displays the same.

I've attached a screenshot of the layout.

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 17.38.47.png

The computer I've added the screenshot from doesn't have the correct fonts installed. I'm using Remote Desktop on the FileMaker Server and have the system open in FMPA13 running on the server. The users with the correct fonts installed are reporting this issue.

• 3. Re: Page numbering doesn't work in Preview Mode/PDF
              rgordon

In the Part Definition for the footer do you have "Restart page numbers after each occurrence" unchecked?  If it is checked, uncheck it.

• 4. Re: Page numbering doesn't work in Preview Mode/PDF
                DamonCasey

Thank you rgordon. I've not used that feature before. It wasn't checked on the footer but it was for the Subsummary with the grey background above the body part. I'm not sure why it was checked as I don't remember doing that (especially as it's not something I've used before). That fixed it so thanks for your help.