Troi Automatisering releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.8 for FileMaker Pro 13
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, November 4th, 2014--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.8 for FileMaker Pro 13.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro 13. The text of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically by using a calculation. All from within FileMaker you can:
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 15 fields and up to 4 buttons
- choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- add a standard icon or your own custom icons, including transparent PNGs
- present a slideshow of images and movies fullscreen
What is new in version 5.5.8?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.8 is a maintenance release, it has these changes:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 13.
- (Mac OS X) Updated the plug-in and made compatible for OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Fixed a crashing bug in the InputDialog and the ListDialog function, when running under OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 8.1.
- (Windows) Fixed a possible problem which could lead to an "error code 3" dialog.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem with the Dial_ProgressBar function and the automatic removal of forgotten progress dialogs: in some cases the dialog was not properly removed, leading to a 'zombie' dialog, that would not go away.
- (Windows) Fixed a bug where an ampersand (&) would not be displayed in the message text of dialogs.
- Fixed a bug where an error $$-4260 could be shown when installing the plug-in with the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 example file. Note that this error may still show up, when an older version of Troi Dialog Plug-in is uninstalled. In this case please install the plug-in manually.
- Improved several example files.
- give your users better and flexible feedback
- show quick instructions without the user having to dismiss the dialog
- build multi-language systems more easily
- make your solutions look more professional by using your own icons and title bars in dialogs
- control the way users type in data: you can, for example, let them type more than 10 and less than 40 characters
- show a slideshow of images selected from a found set, for example all images with water as a keyword
- measure time like for a race or the efficiency of 2 differently implemented scripts.
All these features also work in a runtime solution. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.8 is available for downloading at Troi's web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/dialogplugin.html
Troi Dialog Plug-in 5.5.8 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11, 12 and 13. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11, 12 or 13. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X and Windows.
On Mac OS X the plug-in runs in 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite). The plug-in also runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8.x. QuickTime 7 or later is needed for the Dial_PresentImage() function.
Licenses cost US$ 59 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user packs can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Upgrading to version 5.5.8 is free for all users of version 5.5.x. Troi Dialog Plug-in v5.5.8 works with the same 5.5 registration string.
Users who bought a license for Troi Dialog Plug-in on or after February 1st, 2008 are still entitled to a free upgrade. We have emailed these registered users a new registration string in March 2010.
Upgrades from licenses bought before February 1st, 2008 are available from US$ 29 per user. You can order upgrades from our web site.
Troi Plug-ins compatibility with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
We have tested our current plug-ins with FileMaker Pro 13.0v3 and Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). For the moment we can report that all our plug-ins are running fine. We have created a Yosemite web page which shows which versions of our plug-ins are compatible: http://www.troi.com/support/yosemite.html
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: