1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 8:57 AM by ChadAdams

Save Records As PDF issues on desktop

planteg

Hi,

sorry if the answer was already provided, but I searched in the forums and in Google and didn't find anything.

The issue occurs in an FMP 12 database, hosted in FMS 12, only on desktop, that is OS X and Windows. On FMGo 12 and 13, all is fine.

The solution is developed on OS X with FMPA 12. A report is created in a PDF by Save Records As PDF. The layout is made to print in Landscape, and made to fit to page. When the report is created on OS X or Windows, page orientation is Portrait and the report is cropped to the right.

I looked at that yesterday with my customer who created the solution, and to get the right result on desktops, he had to change the settings specifically for desktop: instead of picking Fit to page, he changed the size to 80%.

We are wondering why the Fit option does not work on desktops ? Is it that FMGo knows tricks that desktops do not know ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Save Records As PDF issues on desktop
          ChadAdams

Printing from FileMaker is dictiated by the printer and print driver that is installed on that machine.  You can switch printers and see in preview mode how much difference there is (sometimes quite a lot).

The default printer being used on the desktop is probably way different in size than what the FMGo clients are using.  Assuming you are scripting the print process, you can use a page setup step so the desktop will "remember" the page orientation and printer selection.

Hope that helps