2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2014 3:22 PM by steveromig

Printing contacts by school site

smmctamembers

We are creating a teacher database and I would like to be able to print a list of teachers from a specific school, without printing ALL of the teachers. I can't figure out how to do this. Please advise.

• 1. Re: Printing contacts by school site
          alquimby

If every teacher record has their school as part of their record, just do a "Find" for the school you want. Then print the list (I assume you have a list layout). If you want all teachers grouped by their schools, you could create a subsummary part (sorted by school) above the body on your list layout. Then put the school field (or a merge field) in the sub summary part and sort by school and teacher name.

Al Quimby

• 2. Re: Printing contacts by school site
            steveromig

smmctamembers wrote:

We are creating a teacher database and I would like to be able to print a list of teachers from a specific school, without printing ALL of the teachers. I can't figure out how to do this. Please advise.

Perform a find on the specific school you are interested in.  When you print it will only print the records in the found set - in this case all the records of the specific school you performed the find on.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.