Here's what I'm looking to do:
1. Want to eventually have multiple FM solutions for sales dept.
2. Want these solutions to all have access to a common database containing customer data. Let's call that db "Customers".
3. First question...can multiple FM solutions access a common db like that?
4. I need to update the Customers db on a daily basis with info from our back-end.
5. I am currently dumping a tab-delim file of customer data from our back-end to the FM Server on a daily basis. Filename is static. That's the file I want to update my Customers db with.
6. How to create this import script and make it run automatically on the server?
I have read a bunch of articles and such on scripting and PSOS but can't seem to piece it all together.
I'm assuming this is a common task and I'm hoping there's a dummy step-by-step out there somewhere. Anyone know of something?