1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 3:03 AM by herby

Problems with adapting FM Solution - Contacts.fmp12

herby

Hi - I'm a somewhat old guy using FM Pro Advanced for the first time working on the adaption of some of FM's ready-made Solutions to suit my group of similarly aged guys who have formed an association to further the health and wellbeing of men who are feeling somewhat lost following retirement, bereavment or similar trauma. I'm currently working on turning the Contacts solution into a Membership Register and have encountered a few problems, assistance with which I would be most grateful.

The problems I am experiencing with FM Pro13 Advanced on my iMac running Sys 10.10 Yosemite are these:

1) If you open the file Membership Register [CONTACTS SOLUTION EDITED with trial data].fmp12 (copy atttached) and then Edit the Members layout, you will observe that the uppermost Sub-Summary shows <<Filed Missing>>. If, however, you click on the Sub-Summary tab, the Part Definition dialog box highlights the appropriate ‘Initial” field - but clicking on OK has no effect.

2) I have changed the Member List Filter in the Value List to ‘All, - , Financial, Unfinancial’ but am not sure what else I need to do to make it work the way it does of the Filter ‘All - Personal, Professional ….[etc.]’ in the FM Pro Contacts Solution. To permit comparison with my Memerbship Register [under construction] file, a data populated copy of FM's Contacts Solution named Contacts [UNEDITED - with trial data].fmp12 is attached.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Cheers - Herby

1 2 Previous Next