3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 4:58 AM by Polarpro

Error 791 error during progressive backup

Polarpro

Hello,

We are experiencing error messages on our FileMaker Server 13. For 10 days now we’ve been receiving an error 791 message that shows problems during a progressive backup:

Error during progressive backup of "Dokumente_Main", a newer copy will be used or made. Remote container directory could not be moved from "file:/E:/FMBackupProgressiv/IncrementalBackup_2014-11-17_2345/Databases/MainDev/ Dokumente_Main" to "filewin:/E:/FMBackupProgressiv/InProgress_FMS/Databases/MainDev/". (20402)

The event does not follow a regular pattern; in the past 8 days we experienced it between 1 and 6 times per day.

The event seems to not interfere with scheduled backups.

We already made sure that the virus scan software for these directories is disabled (referring to a similar problem: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/a283051d21)

Configuration information:

FileMaker Server: 13.0.4.400

Server: Windows 2008 R2

Service Pack: Service Pack 1

Memory: 16384 MB

Backup Volume Capacity 1024 GB

Backup Volume Free Space 963 GB

We have a whole bunch of incremental backup folders now, see attached screenshot.

Yours,

Mike

• 1. Re: Error 791 error during progressive backup
          sibrcode

Hi Michael,

Are you storing container data on a different volume than the database files? Having trouble recalling the exact details, and this may not relate at all, but we had a FMS 13.0v1 server with erratic backup issues using that configuration. This was filed as a bug by FMI, but I don't know if the issue was fixed in subsequent releases, and I've been reluctanct to try it again.

Simon

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error 791 error during progressive backup
            BeatriceBeaubien

Hello Michael,

If you can, disable all services on that server apart from FileMaker Server processes and see if that solves the problem. This is may have to be a diagnostic, interim solution to help you narrow down the issue, not a production strategy.

I'm assuming this isn't a virtual machine?

Best wishes,

Beatrice Beaubien, PhD

i2eye, Toronto, Canada

FileMaker Business Alliance

FileMaker 13 Certified Developer

Knowledge Translation Certified Professional

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Error 791 error during progressive backup
              Polarpro

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help, my apologies for the late response.

Yes, it is not a virtual machine. We have disabled all services, but could not solve the problem.

Now, we have decided to switch off progressive backups completely. Not really the solution, but we have given up on further looking for the mistake. We want to try it again with the new server version and see if the message still pops up. I will post the result here...

Again, thanks a lot for your input!

Mike