3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 4:20 AM by alquimby

How to display message on portal top

Ragupathi

Hi every one

I Need help that to dispaly message on top of Portal

I have created a portal in that Portal i just given relationship to created the New record Now

what i want is

Dispaly Message on top of portal ..... Click on Edit button to Update Record

I used the calculation to display on top of the Field

Let(

text = If (Get(SystemPlatform)>2;"Tap to Edit icon";"Click Edit button to add values");

If(IsEmpty(feild);text;"")

)

but same condtion is not working on the Portal

can any one guide how to display on the Portal

• 1. Re: How to display message on portal top
          alquimby

Try this:

Let (

text = If ( Get ( SystemPlatform ) > 2 ; "Tap to Edit icon" ; "Click Edit button to add values" ) ;

text

)

Al Quimby

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to display message on portal top
            Ragupathi

Hi Allen,

Thanks for replying me

I tried the Same Syntax..... It was working in Browse Mode But Its Not Working in Portal ......

Want i Am experting is

I Have created two table with relationship also i can create the record via relationship on portal totally six fields in that first two fields can created in portal itself remaining four fields he need to click on edit button then go to that layout then he can update the remaining four field to update

From that reason i Need to display message click on Edit button on four fields

Ragu........

• 3. Re: How to display message on portal top
              alquimby

Ragu,

Your first post said you wanted the message "on top" of the portal. If you want it inside the portal, you must put the calculation in the related table. The message will then appear in each portal row. If you make the message a button (go to related record), when clicked it will take user to the related record. (If I understand you correctly.)

Al Quimby