AnsweredAssumed Answered

XML to Start Script

Question asked by Padster on Nov 20, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 by beverly

Hi,

I'm hoping that somebody might be able to help me with something, or at least tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have a setup that includes a a FMS & SQL DB, the end users are accessing the FMS through a FMP, and update the DB and records through this. On a nightly basis, a script is run that 'Copies' all of the Tables&Records over to the SQL DB where complex data analysis and reports are generated. This is run on the FMS as a scheduled script to pass the data out to the SQL DB. This is all working fine and without any issues. The data is always a day out on the reports, and up untiol now this has been acceptable.

A request for 'Transactional' level reporting has come in, this would mean that I'd need to make more regular updates from FMS to SQL. This is only for a couple of reports though, so I don't want to have a scheduled script that is running every 5 minutes, when it could go a week without ever being needed, thus using resource when not required.

What I was looking at doing, when the report is request from the reporting server, is have this send off an update request to the FMS to trigger the update script. Once done, the Reporting server then has access to all of the transactional information for the day, and can then produce the required report.

I've got all the scripts set up, and the communication, and the flags to tell the reporting server that the data is ready etc. My problem comes that I can't seem to get the XML call right that executes the script.

What I have so far is this as the URL syntax;

http://192.168.100.222/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=Live_to_SQL&-lay=ProgressInfo&-script=Run_All_TableGeneration&-view

I'd expected this to set the script off, but it does not seem to be doing anything, apart from returning this XML data;

<fmresultset xmlns="http://www.filemaker.com/xml/fmresultset" version="1.0">
 <error code="0"/>
 <product build="04/20/2014" name="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" version="13.0.2.296"/>
 <datasource database="Live_to_SQL" date-format="MM/dd/yyyy" layout="ProgressInfo" table="ProgressInfo" time-format="HH:mm:ss" timestamp-format="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss" total-count="1"/>
 <metadata>
 <field-definition auto-enter="no" four-digit-year="no" global="no" max-repeat="1" name="progress" not-empty="no" numeric-only="no" result="text" time-of-day="no" type="normal"/>
 </metadata>
 <resultset count="0" fetch-size="0"/>
</fmresultset>

Is there anything that I'm missing, or doing wrong, as everythign I've been reading says that this should execute the script.

Cheers,

Pad

Outcomes