Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 7.5.2 for FileMaker Pro 13
Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 13 improves the working of several functions and fixes some problems
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, November 25th, 2014--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 7.5.2 for FileMaker Pro 13.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read IPTC and Exif metadata from JPEG, Raw and PNG images
What is new in version 7.5.2?
Troi File Plug-in 7.5.2 has the following new functionality, improvements and fixes:
- Added new switch -GetRegistrationState to the TrFile_Version function: this switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered. Updated the Version example file to show the use of the new switch.
- Improved the TrFile_ExecuteShell function: it is now possible to have a timeout of up to 24 hours. Also improved the speed for commands with large results.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem with the TrFile_MoveFolder and TrFile_CopyFolder functions: the plug-in no longer returns an error when the name of the destination folder is a substring of the source folder name.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a problem with the TrFile_DragAndDrop function, where scripts in FileMaker files with a period in the file name would not be triggered.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in TrFile_CreateFolder function: creation of nested new folders now also works with FileMaker style paths.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in TrFile_ExecuteShell function, where some UTF-8 results could potentially crash FileMaker.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a problem with the TrFile_CreateThumbnail() function: images with a high resolution (for example 8200 dpi) no longer result in too small thumbnails.
- (Mac OS X) Improved the flash dialog: it is now implemented as a Cocoa dialog and 64-bit compatible.
- Improved the code and the registration text shown in the log when running FileMaker Server.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug with registration on FileMaker Server 13: the plug-in now looks in the correct folder for the Troi Payment Certificate.
- Improved several example files
More detailed information on all of the changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 7.5.2 can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html
Troi File Plug-in adds 64 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you limitless possibilities in managing your system outside of the database. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 7.5.2 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html
Troi File Plug-in 7.5.2 works with FileMaker Pro 11, 12 and 13. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 11, 12 or 13. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.6.x or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 7.5.2 also works with FileMaker Server 11, 12 or 13 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 449.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after January 1st, 2014 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 7.5.x. Eligible users have been sent a new registration string.
Upgrades from licenses bought before January 1st, 2014, are available from US$ 59 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: