yahbai

Transaction model for FM ...which is "best"

Discussion created by yahbai on Nov 30, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 by mfero

Hi all,

I'm new to FM, but have done standard oracle/javascript client coding in the past.

I'm wanting to implement a phased system for managing my coffee shops (first expense tracking, then staff scheduling, later POS etc). I'll be doing it all in webdirect, and it will be multi-user (staff, partners etc with permission management). It will be handling financial records, so I want an explicit "new"/"modify" "save/cancel" approach to most record creation, instead of the impicit "if you leave this layout it will be saved".

So I quickly ran into the fact that FM by default has implicit commits and isn't transactional (don't flame me for saying that!).

A few googles took me into the upteen different solutions for making a standard transactional model (geist, collibri, x, y, z, ...)

So I've got a simple question (with undoubtedly not so simple answer): what's the "best" (for me at least - small concurrent users, simple DB scheme, webdirect, not FM menus/toolbars) way to implement a transactional based design?

thanks,

Richard

Outcomes