9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 4:02 PM by gdurniak

This script cannot be found or has been deleted.

wfgclapp

This error sounds pretty self-explanatory but I sure can't figure out why I'm getting it.

I don't expect anyone will be able to tell me EXACTLY why I'm getting it but I'm hoping someone will be able to suggest a general reason this error shows up to be able to point me in the right direction.

Here's info I know:

1. I have a file containing both iPad and iPhone layouts.

2. Both types of layouts use the same scripts. Both layout types are build to essentially 'do' the same thing, just at different screen sizes.

3. Navigating through the iPad layouts does NOT produce this error.

4. Each touch of a navigation button on any iPhone layout produces this error.

5. The error does not stop any navigation at all. In other words, the error comes up, I tap 'Ok', and the screen navigates to the next places as it was supposed to.

6. This is a hosted solution on FM Server 13 and I'm consuming the file on Go. iPad and iPhone.

7. Again, this is only happening when I navigate through the iPhone sized layouts. So there's obviously something common here but I can't put my finger on it.

Here are a couple of things I messed with before seeing the error:

1. I created a startup script to load an initial layout, depending on whether iPad or iPhone being used. I set it as a script trigger OnFirstWindowOpen in File Options.This script works but I've since removed it in case it was the source of the error, but I'm still getting the error.

2. I had copied a script to make an iPhone version of it.

This feels very simple but I sure can't figure it out. I've rebooted devices, etc.

Any thoughts anyone?

• 1. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
          Stephen Huston

Several places to look first:

1. File Options — any startup/shutdown triggers (onFirst/Last/WindowOpen/Close)
          2. On Layout load script triggers

If there are any script triggers which reference a now-missing script, they will through this error until removed or repointed to new scripts.

Next most likely after script triggers is scripts calling subscripts. FM doesn't warn you when deleting scripts if a script is referenced in another script's Perform Script (script step), it just throws the error later when it can't find it.

• If you have only a few scripts, just check them for script steps which show a script missing or undefined in a Perform Script step.
          • If you have a ton of scripts, print them to PDF from the Manage Scripts window then perform a text search for "missing" to find possible errors.

One of those should find it for you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
            BruceHerbach

As has already been stated,  the usual reason is a script has been deleted so the button or perform script script step can't find the assigned script.

Another possibility is a corruption issue. If the file has been damaged then it may not be able to find the script.

To check for this you can take a copy of the file and run it through the recover process. Look at the results and see if it finds any problems. 

Good luck

HTH

Sent from my mobile device... Please excuse typos.

• 3. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
              wfgclapp

Ah! You know, I had completely forgotten that my machine crashed today. And I know Filemaker was open at the time. So, corruption might be a candidate sure enough.

So, if I can ask, how does one perform this Recover process?

First, I can’t find my file on the server. I thought it would be under …/Data/Databases but the time stamp on the file there is yesterday. And I’ve made changes today for sure.

Once I find the file, what then? The only Recover I see is on Pro, which is running on my desktop. So, do I copy the file from the server to my desk and then run the Recover on it?

Thanks!

Martin

• 4. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
                BruceHerbach

You run Recover from the File menu on a local copy of the file.  Open the FMS console and select the file.  You can close the file and download a copy of the file by clicking on the folder icon in the upper right of the Databases screen. 

Unzip the downloaded copy and then using FileMaker Pro or Advanced,  run recover from the file Menu.

The process will let you know if it finds corruption.  It will create a log file that will list the details of the problem.

HTH

Bruce

• 5. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
                  gdurniak

Open a recent backup of the file,  and run a Design Report ( DDR )

Then search the HTML Report for "unknown"

That will show any missing script references

greg

> Here are a couple of things I messed with before seeing the error:

1. I created a startup script to load an initial layout, depending on whether iPad or iPhone being used. I set it as a script trigger OnFirstWindowOpen in File Options.This script works but I've since removed it

Any thoughts anyone?

• 6. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
                    BruceHerbach

When you say you removed the script,  do you mean you deleted it?  If so then you need to change the OnFirstWindowOpen setting.  It is pointing to the deleted script and is probably the source of the error message.

Bruce

• 7. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
                      wfgclapp

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't delete the script, I simply removed the trigger.

Martin Clapp

Wood Fruitticher Food Service

mclapp@woodfruitticher.com<mailto:mclapp@woodfruitticher.com

• 8. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
                        wfgclapp

Thank you all. It’s looking like a corruption issue. Before I tried figuring out how to run through recover processes and such, I simply rebuilt a couple of the layouts (there aren’t many yet anyway).

Now all works fine.

I really appreciate the help everyone gave. Now that I’m back up and running, I’m going to take some time to learn how to use the Recover features, etc.

• 9. Re: This script cannot be found or has been deleted.
                          gdurniak

please don't say "corruption",  until you actually run Recover,  and check the Log ( it's easy )

A rebuilt layout will work,  either way,  since you also cleaned up any possible script references

greg

> It’s looking like a corruption issue. Before I tried figuring out how to run through recover processes and such, I simply rebuilt a couple of the layouts