3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2014 5:22 PM by Stephen Huston

Where is the Updater for FMPro 13v04?

Malcolm

The download page never offers me a download link. I've attached a screen shot of the page that I get. Am I the only one?

http://www.filemaker.com/support/downloads/#downloadable

fmdl.png

• 1. Re: Where is the Updater for FMPro 13v04?
          Stephen Huston

Try another browser. I recall running into a similar problem with an old v of FireFox a year or two back.

• 2. Re: Where is the Updater for FMPro 13v04?
            Malcolm

Use Chrome.

I had tried Firefox and Safari before asking. Chrome displays the page. I'd thought that Chrome and Safari had the same underlying web engine (which is why I hadn't bothered to try it earlier). Has that changed?

• 3. Re: Where is the Updater for FMPro 13v04?
              Stephen Huston

Different versions of Safari, some of them not all that old, have different HTML5 scores for how well they render some code. Besides old FireFoxes, another time when I ran into this issue, I was using the latest version of Safari supported on an old OSX version which I ran on one machine to work with FP5 files. Switching machines to one with a newer OS/Safari solved it, much to my surprise.

My oldest OSX still in us is 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.10, and it rendered the latest FM updater page OK, as do the newer versions on my other machines. I quit bothering to update FireFox when it conflicted with a web-based email viewer I had used for a decade; switched to Safari completely (except for website testing).