2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 5:37 AM by mikebeargie

Calculation question...

praimondo

I have a recipe database that looks up ingredients from another database. the second database has detail info on each ingredient including price.

I currently look up the ingredient and it will calculate the cost based on the amount used in the recipe. This all works great!

I want to add calories to the ingredient listing (database) and have them look up and report in the recipe database.

The issue is calulating the calories based on the amount of the ingredient used... make sense?

I can do it for the cost but having trouble figuring out the calorie thing...figured it would be similar, but not the case for me so far.

Database 1 is the one that reports the final recipe and lets you build the recipes. The various fields are drop down menus that use value lists or look up in the database #2.

Database #2 is only the ingredient list and contains many fields about each ingredient....example - bottle size, pack size, total cost cost per oz. import company etc...

the recipe database only has the fileds to build the recipe and calulate the cost. and margins...

thanks for any help out there.