4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2014 6:38 AM by wcallman

Databases close randomly

wcallman

Running FMS13 latest update on a MacMini Yosemite.

Have 3 databases loaded, they along with the the FMServer_sample, have decided

to close on their own. I cannot reopen them or resume them.

I have removed them from the server, shtudown the server, rebooted, started up the server,

reinstalled the files and they were installed closed, and I cannot reopen, resume them.

any thoughts.

Bill

• 1. Re: Databases close randomly
          gdurniak

Check the server log,  and also try opening the files locally, without server

greg

> Running FMS13 latest update on a MacMini Yosemite.

Have 3 databases loaded, they along with the the FMServer_sample, have decided

to close on their own. I cannot reopen them or resume them.

I have removed them from the server, shtudown the server, rebooted, started up the server,

reinstalled the files and they were installed closed, and I cannot reopen, resume them.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Databases close randomly
            Orlando

Hi Bill

Also check there are no other applications trying to access the hosted files, whenever I have seen this it has been tracked back to a system backup running on the database folder in the background

-- Orlando

• 3. Re: Databases close randomly
              wcallman

I think the correct answer is the system back up. although I wasn't looking for that as the problem, logs said backup aborted, and I figured they aborted only because the files were closed. Looking at the timeline everything fits together. Good thing it was late in the day. Thanks guys

• 4. Re: Databases close randomly
                wcallman

Update:

There appears to be two issues, back up, and whenever OS Yosemite updates, and restarts. I have since turned off updates and do that manually and have not had that problem happen since.