2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 6:17 PM by marcs

Shared as read only, need full access

marcs

Just recently started working with file maker, never done anything with it before.

What I was trying to do was share my database files with the peer to peer sharing option. And I clicked the "specify users button" than I wanted to include my "read only and full access" privileges to my database. I didn't include my full access one by mistake I guess. And now the only way I can log into my database is with the read only account. But I need to have the full access one to be able to update the information.

Is there anyway to undo this? or anyway to get into the database and add my "full access" in it so I can log back in and update it?

• 1. Re: Shared as read only, need full access
          marcs

Untitled.jpg

The best thing for me I think would be if its possible to change that radial button from "specify users by privilege set" to "all users" if that is possible.  Or if i can just log in and somehow put in a new privilege set.  as of right know i can't manage any privilege sets cause when i log in i am only allowed to log in with a "read only" privilege.

• 2. Re: Shared as read only, need full access
            marcs

Turned off the filemaker services on file maker server

went into each database locally to chang the privilege accounts

restarted the services

log into the database and give the accounts that I want access to it