1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2014 8:02 AM by wimdecorte

Uninstall FM Server 12 in Yosemite

johnkerr48

Something tells me I may have missed the opportunity to do this, but such is life.

I just got Yosemite installed and have done most of the work configuring Server v4.0. Though I can't get to the server from outside my network, I'm pretty sure I should go ahead and install FM Server 13, as I saw a note that it works in Yosemite now.

But do I have to uninstall FM Server 12 first? I can't get the disk image I have in my downloads folder to open up and allow me to do the uninstall the way the Apple Support web site says to do it, so I'm hoping there is another alternative - doing it manually.

Or can i just install FM Server 13 without doing anything? Will it reconize there is another copy running and shut it down before it installs itself.

I haven't done so muh on the server that I couldn't start all over again. I'm pretty new at this but learning quicker than I expected.

Any ideas out there?

• 1. Re: Uninstall FM Server 12 in Yosemite
          wimdecorte

You have to uninstall 12 first.

I would strongly advise against trying to do it manually.  If you want to go that way, first completely shut down FMS:

sudo launchctl stop com.filemaker.fms

Wait and confirm with Activity Monitor that there are no more processes running that start with "fms"

Then copy your files and backups to another location

Then use something like AppCleaner to delete  the FMS folder

You may have to do some manual cleanup as well.