AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM GO cant connect to related databases

Question asked by marcs on Dec 17, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 by marcs

I recently wanted to setup FM GO for people to use with my FM13 PRO.  I got my ports on my router and everything all set up.  And downloaded FM GO on my I phone and got it to where I can see my hosted database, and even connect to some of my databases.

However I can't seem to connect to all of my databases for some reason, and from the customer service line they are thinking it is a relationship problem with some of my databases.  The error message that I get whenever I try to connect to some of these databases is

"The file "file name" could not be opened.  Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host."

I click ok, and than cancel to get past that error message, and that error message than pops up again for each related database. Once i get through all the error messages FM GO can than load up the database I wanted (with all the related fields marked as <file missing> of course).

I have checked all of the extended privileges and made sure that they are all right, so it should work.  Can anyone point me in some direction that could help me figure out what I did wrong? 

Also I am very new to File Maker, only been using it for about 2 weeks so talk to me like I am a baby or something.

Outcomes