1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2015 5:30 PM by gdurniak

FM11 Recovery Log entry

glorifindal

Hi there,

I run the recovery tool occasionaly - and the following now appears in the Recovery log: field values deleted due to invalid ID or repetition: 884

The clone file is fine - no problem found during recovery there. It's only when I start to populate this file with data -

Can someone tell me what this may mean? (Panic setting in here)

Many thanks in advance for any tips

Kindest

Glorifindal

• 1. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
          Mike_Mitchell

Hello, Glorifindal.

I can't say 100% for certain, but it looks like the file has suffered some corruption in the internal record ID index. FileMaker keeps an index of each object by an internal ID. This value is assigned by the database engine and can't be changed (although you can peek at it by using the Get ( RecordID ) function). Based on the message you've identified, it looks like there's a problem with that indexing function, and the Recover routine has discovered it.

Have you tried importing your data into a clone and then analyzing the clone?

Mike

• 2. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
            gdurniak

The full message is  "field values deleted due to invalid ID or repetition: %0""  records deleted due to invalid ID: %0"

Which is a bit cryptic.  My guess is it is objecting to,  and deleting,  the data itself

Try "cleaning" any existing data,  by exporting to a text file

You could also try re-defining that field in the original file,  or revert to a previous backup

Run both a consistency check, and a Recover

greg

the following now appears in the Recovery log: field values deleted due to invalid ID or repetition: 884

The clone file is fine

• 3. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
              glorifindal

Hi Mike,

thanks for your speedy response.

Yes, I created some data in a clone of the file (a very small subset of data actually) - but when I then recover the file, it gives the same error.

The clone recovers without this error.

Hmmm - this file itself is only used for data - so has limited functionality. But it is used in x amount of TOCs in the UI file.

Looks like I will need to rebuild -

• 4. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                glorifindal

I created some clean data - a very small set, but this error message appeared again.

>Re-defining that field in the original file - Very interesting, but how dow I know which field has the problem?

Many thanks indeed

Glorifindal

• 5. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                  gdurniak

I've never had this error, but 884 may be the Field ID,  e.g. look for:

Recovering: field 'fieldname' (884)  in the Log

> but how dow I know which field has the problem?

• 6. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                    BruceHerbach

Try taking a clone and running it through the recover process.  If it has the same problem. Then the issue is in the structure and not the data.

If it is a specific field you may be able to tell which fields from the log file.

Winfried Huslik winfried@fmdiff.com is very good at resolving these problems. You might send him an email.

HTH

Sent from my mobile device... Please excuse typos.

• 7. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                      gdurniak

Just curious ...

Does the Recovered file seem to work ?   e.g. is it possibly repaired ?

greg

> the following now appears in the Recovery log: field values deleted due to invalid ID or repetition: 884

• 8. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                        glorifindal

When I recover - the initial window that gives the WARNING: problems were found … - states

Schema: Scanned fields and tables, 884 items modified

Structure: scanned, 0 items modified

I also deleted the id field and ran it again, same issue

• 9. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                          glorifindal

A cloned version of the file recovers without a problem being reported ...

• 10. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                            glorifindal

The recovered file (as well as the original file) seems to behave correctly ...

• 11. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                              gdurniak

A little confused, do you have an original that works ?  perhaps before this field was added ?

It would help to see the Log, and what was "modified".  Can you post a portion of the log here,  or send as a message ?

Recover has a button to  "Open Log File"

greg

> Schema: Scanned fields and tables, 884 items modified

The recovered file (as well as the original file) seems to behave correctly

• 12. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                                glorifindal

I took an older version - ran recovery - all fine

I applied the few changes to the file - no new fields or anything, just a few TOCs - ran recovery - all fine

I then created some data - ran recovery - got the error again:

Here is the part of the recovery log:

2014-12-23 16:52:00.019 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 8495 WARNING: problems were detected while recovering the database.  The recovered file should NOT be used going forward; copy only the most recent work from it into a backup copy of the original file.

2014-12-23 16:52:00.019 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0 File blocks: scanned and rebuilt 3658 block(s), dropped 0 invalid data block(s)

2014-12-23 16:52:00.020 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0 Schema: scanned fields and tables; some problems were found...

2014-12-23 16:52:00.020 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0  fields created to match record data: 0

2014-12-23 16:52:00.020 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0  field values deleted due to invalid ID or repetition: 884

2014-12-23 16:52:00.021 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0  records deleted due to invalid ID: 0

2014-12-23 16:52:00.021 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0 Structure: scanned; 0 item(s) modified

2014-12-23 16:52:00.021 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0 File size after recovery is 14446592 bytes

2014-12-23 16:52:00.022 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0 *** Completed recovery to 'CAD_Audit Recovered.fp7'

• 13. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                                  glorifindal

Hmmm -

When I use the file normally - it's an Audit file - it does not have a problem.

When I run a script that checks and creates a log en masse - this is when the problems appear.

OR

If I import a load of records - then the problem appears also...

• 14. Re: FM11 Recovery Log entry
                                    gdurniak

It seems that Recover just removes values.  Does the Record count go down ?  perhaps by 884 ?  or are any fields left empty ?

I can see that an import might fail. Check the data coming in

Not sure why a script would fail.  Is it just a bunch of set fields, or more complex ?

Also odd that it just started. Did it start after the TO change ?

Try adding data to the Recovered file

greg

> 2014-12-23 16:52:00.020 +0000 CAD_Audit.fp7 0  field values deleted due to invalid ID or repetition: 884

1 2 Previous Next