12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 6:38 AM by ianselmo

ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)

alternapop

I am trying to configure a server script to run that uses the ODBC Oracle driver.  I had this working on our much older FMP Mac server using the Actual Technologies driver but have moved the process to our new Windows FMP 13 server.

I found the article mentioning installing the 32-bit driver.  ( Unable to import data from an ODBC data source via a FileMaker Server scheduled script on a 64-bit machine | FileMaker )

- I installed the original driver

- downloaded and installed the FM13.0v5xDBC_13.2.14 update

- installed the FMODBC_Installer_Win32 driver from the original installer data

Under 'Programs & Features', it shows 2 drivers:

FileMaker ODBC Driver - 13.0.12

FileMaker ODBC Driver (64-bit) - 13.0.12

When I creat a System DSN, using ODBC Data Source Administrator, the final step shows that it's using the 64-bit driver (13.0.12.0) and I don't see a way to change this.

When the script is run by the database developer from their desktop it works.  When I run it from the server it gives the 802 error.

What else might I need to do?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
          wimdecorte

You need to set up the DSN in the 32-bit ODBC control panel, not the 64-bit one.   Windows 2008 hides the 32-bit ODBC control panel, you can find it here: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Windows 2012 shows both ODBC control panels.

• 2. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
            jormond

I love how Windows puts the 32 bit ODBC control panel in the SysWOW64 folder, and the 64 bit ODBC control panel in the System32 folder. LOL

• 3. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
              alternapop

Thanks, I found it and tried to configure it using System DSN and the "Oracle in OraClient 11g_home1" driver.

I gave it a Data Source Name, Description and selected the TNS Service Name.  The User ID is blank.

If I try a test connection using the credentials provided to me by our fmp database developer then the test connection works.

If this same db developer runs the script manually from his end, it works.

If I manually run it from the server Admin Console to test it then it fails with error 802.

So it seems to be working if run manually by the developer but we want to schedule it to run.

What might I be missing?

Thanks!

• 4. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                wimdecorte

alternapop wrote:

If I try a test connection using the credentials provided to me by our fmp database developer then the test connection works.

Slightly confusing this: you need credentials to the Oracle database, not to the FMP database...

alternapop wrote:

If I manually run it from the server Admin Console to test it then it fails with error 802.

802 = unable to open file.

Did you hard-code the Oracle credentials into the script?

Are you running the FM script with the same credentials as running it manually?

• 5. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                  alternapop

The fmp db developer has credentials to the oracle database.  The oracle db is hosted by another dept.   I'm testing the odbc plugin config (odbcad32) with his credentials.  Using "test connection" works using his user/pass.

He has these same oracle credentials added within his fmp db for his script.

If he runs his fmp database script then it works.  If I run it from the server (FMP admin console > schedules)  it fails with 802.

• 6. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                    greglane

FileMaker Pro 13 is a 32-bit application and requires 32-bit ODBC drivers and DSNs. However, server-side scripts (scheduled scripts or scripts run via the Perform Script on Server script step) are run by a 64-bit process (fmsase.exe). Server-side scripts require 64-bit ODBC drivers and DSNs.

You can install both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers and configure DSNs for both using the same name. That will allow you to test the script on the server using FileMaker Pro as well as run the script via a schedule.

• 7. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                      alternapop

I just spoke with the fmp db developer.  To clarify, he's using a Mac and the Actual Tech driver for testing on his computer.  He gives me the db and I put it on our Windows 2008 FMP 13 server.

When I open the 32 bit driver it has numerous driver options including "Oracle in OraClient11g_home1", which is what I configured and a "test connection" works.   The TNS Server Name drop down menu shows me all the available databases so it's connecting successfully.

If I open the 64 bit driver [Start>Administrative Tools>Data Sources (ODBC)] then I only see two driver options, "FileMaker ODBC" and "SQL Server".  If I try to setup a new System DSN with the 64 bit driver, using the FMP ODBC driver then it seems to be failing.  I entered the Host address but it doesn't seem to be connecting to it even during configuration and a "test connection" fails.  The pulldown for "Database" doesn't show any databases.  Does the "Filemaker ODBC" driver work with Oracle databases like I'm seeing the above 32 bit driver do with the OraClient?

I’m guessing the FMP ODBC driver is the wrong driver to use for a remote Oracle database.  If so, how do I get the Oracle OraClient driver to appear as a driver option within the 64 bit control panel?

So I guess I'm confused based on the original linked article which says to use the 32 bit driver, and your last comment sounds like I should be using the 64 bit driver.

On this Win 2008 FMP Server, which driver do I need installed and configured to talk to a remote Oracle database via FMP Server scheduled task?

• 8. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                        wimdecorte

alternapop wrote:

If I open the 64 bit driver [Start>Administrative Tools>Data Sources (ODBC)] then I only see two driver options, "FileMaker ODBC" and "SQL Server".  If I try to setup a new System DSN with the 64 bit driver, using the FMP ODBC driver then it seems to be failing

It would.  You need to install the 64-bit Oracle Driver.  The FM driver is for connecting TO filemaker data. You want to connect TO oracle data so you need to use their driver.

• 9. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                          ianselmo

I have the same problem. I created an odbc for Access Db (.mdb) for 32 and 64 bit. I have the password for the DB set up but when I run a schedule task  I get the 802 Error

• 10. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                            ianselmo

this is what worked for me.

Try putting your database in this location  .../FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/ 

• 11. Re: ODBC driver, 802 error (Windows 2008, FMP13 Server)
                              wimdecorte

What database, the access one?