AnsweredAssumed Answered

Second foreign key not entered

Question asked by makerbert on Dec 24, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 by makerbert

Hi All, noob here. Did some rdbms before but not as a developer. Apart from that Filemaker is new to me, this being my first project... I assume I forget something basic but I can't find it.

I’ve got three tables; products, orders (“Meetlijst” in our lingo) and orderdetails (“MeetlijstRegel” to us). Orderdetails has relations with the other two tables as pictured below

threeTables.png

What I want to achieve is to store the ID-fields of both PK_ProductID and PK_MeetlijstID in the middle table in the FK_ representations but I can’t get that to work.

I have a layout connected on the rightmost table with a portal to the middle table, that relationship seems to work and the ID from the rightmost relation is filled in in the middle table. How can I get the ID from the leftmost table in the middle table?

Relationships between tables is a straightforwarded PK_ProductID = FK_ProductID and PK_MeetlijstID = FK_MeetlijstID. The primariy keys are set up identically using GET (UUID)

I'm fairly new to filemaker, can someone show me the error of my ways or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your responses and Merry Christmas to you all!

Attachments

Outcomes