1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2017 12:29 AM by user14047

Image cropping solution for FMGO, Web and Desktop?

jgalt

We have been letting users insert their own profile images into our solution for the past two years. (The profile images are being display as a square or a circle). Inevitably we end up with a bunch of user images with gaps on the edges because their aspect ratio is not square. It really looks terrible. I have experimented with all of the built-in  container  image cropping options and none of them seem to achieve the results that I am looking for.

I would like to give the user the ability to size, position and crop their image. For example, something similar to how the Facebook lets you crop and size a profile image.

The images are coming from all different sources so there's no consistency to size, resolution or aspect ratio. I thought that there might be some sort of browser based image cropping solution that I could display directly in the FileMaker GUI but I have not had any luck find one.

We are currently running FileMaker Server 13, so perhaps there is some sort of image cropping plugin that we could execute on the server. However, the plugin needs to do more than simply crop the image. We need to give the user the ability to size and position it.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

I need a solution that could be used on FileMaker GO, Web, or Desktop.

Thanks.

1 2 Previous Next