AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unusual Data formatting behavior

Question asked by smith7180 on Dec 30, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 30, 2014 by smith7180

Once in a blue moon I encounter an image that when inserted into a container and displayed on a layout will display at a fraction of it's original size.  It doesn't matter if I choose "Enlarge image to fit" or  "Reduce image to fit" or "Crop to frame"  All yield the same "small image".  If I optimize for images it's small.  If I optimize for interactive content it's even smaller.  This happens in my database, and it happens in a blank database with just one record and one container field.  Until now every example has been an image I don't have the rights to share, but I finally found a public image on Wikipedia that does this (it's a detail of the Mona Lisa's eyes):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Mona_Lisa_detail_eyes.jpg

Choosing "Reduce or Enlarge image to fit" solves the problem.  However I'd like to stick with reduce image to fit as images are only ever reduced in my solution, and I twice read (though I unfortunately did not write down the source in my notes) that filemaker doesn't generate storable thumbnails for containers set to "Reduce or Enlarge image to fit."

I would love to be corrected on that fact, but even so, I'd like to know if anyone is experiencing the same issue with that image.

Thanks,

J

Outcomes