3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 1:49 PM by mgostovich

Printing Portal Records

mgostovich

I have been using and developing in FileMaker since V5.0 and this has been an issue for me since then. I have decided to see if it is me or FileMaker... I routinely use portals to pull data out of my database based on a date rage and then print it out as a report. It is a long list of names and information and spans across multiple pages. Now the question...

Is there some sort of setting or technique I can use to stop it from cutting right through the middle of a portal row rendering it illegible?

• 1. Re: Printing Portal Records
          erolst

The secret to printing reports in portals is to not do it.

Base your print layout on a List layout of the portal table.

mgostovich wrote:

I have been using and developing in FileMaker since V5.0 and this has been an issue for me since then.

That was, when … turn of the millennium? You could have asked earlier …

EDIT: So this is a 9 months old, as-of-5mins-ago unanswered post that suddenly got bumped. Hallelujah …

• 2. Re: Printing Portal Records
            Nehme

Your solution is like erolst said.

In simpler terms:

If the table of the portal is Table A

=> create a layout (with list view) that is based on Table A

You must then filter your values before printing (for not having all the records printing.

=> You can do a search

or do a Go to related records

• 3. Re: Printing Portal Records
              mgostovich

Hallelujah is right... I posted this originally in December and it was viewed a bunch of times but no one ever replied. Today I got an email about moving it and now I have 2. Thank you very much this will be very helpful.